Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Hilary Crundwell is a Cognitive Hypnotherapist working from her treatment room in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. PTSD has touched her on a very personal level and she now helps clients deal with this through her Cognitive Hypnotherapy techniques.
PTSD is a psychiatric disorder that can occur following the experience or witnessing of life-threatening events such as military combat, natural disasters, terrorist incidents and serious accidents.
If you have PTSD, you will find that dealing with the past can be extremely hard. You may be finding it very difficult to tell your family and friends how you are feeling and you are probably keeping your feelings and emotions bottled up.
You may feel detached from your own reality and start hiding from things. Anger and low self-esteem are two of the main symptoms of PTSD. If you have been diagnosed as suffering from PTSD you may be experiencing all or some of the following:
- The witnessing of an event involving death, threatened death or serious injury can cause intense fear
- Experiencing recurrent intrusive images, thoughts or dreams
- Hyper-vigilance and exaggerated startle response
- A sense of reliving the event or intense mental or physical distress when something triggers associations with the event, such as anniversaries, hearing a particular sound or the sensation of intense body heat
- Persistent avoidance of anything associated with the trauma, such as thoughts, feelings, activities, places or people
- Amnesia relating to aspects of the event
- A sense of detachment
- Loss of warm feelings
- Loss of interest in life
- Difficulty in falling or staying asleep
- Irritability and outbursts of anger
- Difficulty in concentrating
*The above was extracted from the Master Practitioner's course 2016
As a Cognitive Hypnotherapist practicing in Tunbridge Wells, I can help identify the negative characteristics of PTSD such as the ones listed above. By using techniques such as EMI (Eye Movement Integration) which will help to positively change these characteristics.
If you feel Cognitive Hypnotherapy could help you move forward, please book your free initial consultation with Hilary on 07735 508361 firstname.lastname@example.org). Her studio is located in Tunbridge Wells, Kent close to Tonbridge, Crowborough, Heathfield, and Uckfield